Saturday, October 03, 2009

Who do I vote for on 13th Oct?

I have always been zealous about participating in public life, rallied on by Plato "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men". However, next week on the 13th of October, when I go to elect my state representative, I am devoid of choices. I have to choose between Sachin Ahir of the NCP, who has 5 criminal cases pending against him and Ashish Chemburkur of the Shiv Sena, who is an existing BMC corporator, where he has the track record of of running one of the cities filthiest localities!

But atleast I am informed and while I can fret about the lack of a suitable candidate, unlike the 2004 elections, I can now understand my candidates better, get details of their public records and also upcoming promises. I can even dive into their part manifestos.

All this thanks to MumbaiVotes.com a non profit project dedicated to providing indepth information on each candidate. If you live in Mumbai, and are voting on the 13th of October, please 1st visit MumbaiVotes.com to get a detailed synopsis and video interviews on each candidate.

No comments: