Friday, September 14, 2007

Britney Spears and Filmfare awards

The papers this week were full of the horrible and embarrassing performance that Britney Spears put on. So when I received a link in my email to check out the video, I couldn't resist.

I watched the whole video and kept search for the embarrassing moments when Britney was awkward and made a fool of herself. There was nothing. Then it struck me: Aah, as per International standards she was plump and a bit out of tune, just a teeny weeny bit. But I had been watching Indian live shows at things like the filmfare awards where all the actresses are FAT and completely out of sync and wear the most ghastly clothes.

If this was India and this was Britney's performance, it would have been hailed as the greatest Indian live performance ever.

So its Indian standards vs US standards; and its only when you watch US standards impartially do you realize how low Indian standards actually are.

No comments: